Equipment & Rider Safety
Any 20 inch or 24 inch (cruiser) BMX bike will be fine. For the bike to be track ready and for the safety of yourself and other riders it will need to meet the following requirements:
- Ensure that the rear brakes work
- There are no shape edges on your pedals
- The handle bar grips have plugged ends.
- Front brakes
- Any other accessories
Club Owned Bike Hire
The Red Centre BMX Club has BMX bikes, of varying sizes, that are available for hire for a fee of $5 per session.
The hire charge covers maintenance costs on the bikes. These are available on a “first in best dressed" basis and are for people wanting to ride who do not own a BMX bike. We understand that BMX can have high start up costs and aim to make our sport fun and accessible to anyone who would like to give it a try. Due to our limited number of bikes available, we encourage people to purchase their own bikes after a period of trialing ours.
- Long race pants that are fitted at the ankle are acceptable to race in
- Long sleeve race jersey that is fitted at the wrist and tucked into pants
- Any type of gloves that have complete hand and finger protection
- A full face helmet that covers the ears. Red Centre BMX have spares that can be borrowed
- Fully enclosed shoes to protect your feet
- Mini Wheelers are not required to wear a full face helmet. A normal bike helmet is suitable.
Track Access & Safety Around The Club
Access to the track is only available when we have the appropriate track, coaching and first aid officials in place. We ask all parents to assist us in ensuring that your children do not ride or wander onto the track when it is closed. When the track is open, only riders and authorised officials are allowed access onto the track. Riders must be on foot and pushing their bikes when riding through spectator areas.
We ask that all parents refrain from running on the track if your child has a fall. Our allocated first aid attendants will attend to the incident and once your child is off the track you may comfort them. This rule is for the safety of the other riders and the parents/guardians.
Become A Member And Start Riding
You will need to become a member of BMX Australia and the Red Centre BMX Club. See the membership page for more information and prices.
If you have any questions or are interested in starting BMX, please contact us or see our training/racing times and visit us at the track. Everyone is welcome to come and check out the action.